erplain supports multiple sales taxes. Each tax can be added to your Sales and Purchases and you can select a default tax for each Customer, Supplier and Product.
Within all your Sales and Purchase documents (Sales orders, Invoices, Purchase orders), you will have 2 choices for the Tax type:
- Tax Exclusive: The sales tax is not included in the price of the product. The sales tax will be added on top of the price. This setting is more typically used in North America.
- Tax Inclusive: The sales tax is included in the price of the product. This setting is more typically used in Europe.
To manage and add Taxes, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the Menu 'Settings' > 'Taxes':
- This is your list of taxes:
You can Edit them by clicking on:
You can Disable them by clicking on:
- To create a Tax, click on the 'Create a Tax' button:
- Next: Type the Name, Abbreviation and Tax rate of the new tax:
If you want to group multiple taxes into one, simply check 'Group multiple taxes' and select the taxes included in this group.
Customers / Supplier: You can assign a default tax to each of your customers and suppliers. This tax will be added automatically in an invoice for example (or other transactions). Make sure to select the customer / supplier prior to selecting your products, it will add the tax automatically to your products.
To assign a tax to your customer or supplier simply Edit the customer / supplier and select the tax:
Products: Each product can also have its own tax settings.
Company settings: You can also have a default tax for your company the menu Settings > Company settings or/and in the user profile, menu Settings > Users.